The goal at No Drip Painting is to provide the best quality possible, period. We use the highest quality tools and the finest products on the market. Our experience and proven process have taught us how to achieve a factory finish on your cabinets. We are the best choice for painting or refinishing your cabinets in Columbus, Ohio or surrounding areas.
Our prep work consist of a 3 step process. We believe the prep work that takes place before any painting is the key to a fine finish.
- Clean the cabinets: The cabinet surface and previous coating is what determines the cleaning product we choose for cleaning. We use things like TSP (trisodium phosphate), de-glazers, and even Dawn dish-soap to create a clean, workable surface.
- Make repairs: We catch as many imperfections as possible. Such imperfections include scratches, divots, seams, damage, etc. We make these repairs with things like wood filler, spackeling, caulking, bono and more.
- Sanding: We use a dust free system to eliminate as unwanted dust when sanding. A variety of sanding grits may be used to achieve the surface we want. We typically use a 220, but at times have even used a 1000 grit in-between coats.
We use the highest quality of products from Sherwin Williams. The coating process general looks like this: 1-2 coats of primer and 2-3 finish coats. The finish currently on your cabinets is what will dictate the products we use. This is not a one size fits all approach.
- Primer Coats: The primers we use are either an oil base primer or a bonding primer.
- Finish Coats: Our go-to product for our finish coats is Emerald Urethane. We choose this product because of the urethane component which allows the for the finish to harden. This is what keeps the surface durable and looking amazing for years to come.
A Spray Finish
We spray our cabinets with an HVLP sprayer. This is the same type of sprayer that is often used when painting cars. We have invested our money and our time in leaning to use these high-end sprayers. Our craftsmen have been trained by Graco (the manufacture) on this piece of equipment.
We believe our process, the products we use combined with our training creates an unmatched quality. We are the best choice when it comes to refinishing your cabinets.
Schedule an estimate today and we can discuss our process with you in more detail.